Once you have invested in a rental property, the responsibility of maintaining and running the property can quickly become overwhelming. For many landlords, the logical solution is to hire a property management company to oversee their rental property. Eagle Management (EM) is your trusted partner allowing you, the investor, to enjoy more free time and less worry. We are committed to:
Maximize Your Cash Flow
Minimize the Vacancy Period
Protect Your Investment
Manage the Headaches for You
List of Services
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed review of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary, but should include looking at the recently rented comparable properties according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking etc.
- Execute the Rental Lease Agreement
Market the property for rent
- Prepare home for rent
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium. Some of the mediums commonly used are:
- Paid and free rental listing websites
- Print publications
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find a tenant
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing laws
- Collection applications with application fee
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Full review and evaluation of all rental applications
- Execution of Tenant Lease Agreement and associated documents
- Tenant Set-Up in Financial tracking System
- Detailed tenant move-in and move-out inspections
- Enforcement of lease terms and conditions
- Rapid response to maintenance needs and requests
- Maintaining good rapport with the tenants and handle their needs and issues
- Thorough Tenant screening and background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, criminal history, etc.
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
Tenant Move In
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
- Provide accounting for property management services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (Mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, vendors, etc.)
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide monthly & annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (handyman or professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain outdoor areas
- Landscaping; if not maintained by tenant
- Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent or sale.
Selling the Asset
- Providing a thorough Market Analysis to determine the best selling price.
- Providing a financial report showing your expected proceeds
- List the property to sell at a discounted realtor’s commission
- Handling all the tasks necessary to put your property on the market
- Managing the showings
- Negotiating the offers on your behalf
- Managing the Escrow to a successful close
- Company size: 1 to 5 employees (full time)
- We manage the following property types:
- Single Home or Condo ($250 to $500k)
- Single Home or Condo ($500k to $1 Mil.)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Mil.)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Office (under 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 125,000 sqft)
- We manage properties in: