Why hire a professional property management company?Posted by Christopher Berkompas in Property Management Articles
Ultimately it boils down to two factors: your lifestyle decisions and return on investment. Many owners determine that their time would be more productively and enjoyably spent doing something other than actively managing their rental properties.
Here are some of the ways a property manager can help:
- Research comparables to determine the optimal rental rate for your property.
- Market the property to minimize vacancies and maximize income.
- Screen tenants and protect you from bad prospects and scams
- Maintain the property and handle preventative maintenance to maintain the value of your investment.
For a more complete list of services read "Property Management Services - A Complete List".
If you decide to hire a property management company, and find a manager who is a good fit for your property, the benefits can be substantial, including:
- Higher quality tenants
- Shorter vacancy cycles
- Fewer costly and time consuming legal problems
- Better tenant retention
- Tighter rent collection process
Are you a quality property manager?
- Property Management Fees - Part I
- Property Management Services - A Complete List
- Hiring a Property Management Company
- What Are The Benefits of Using a Property Management Company?
- Property Management Fees - Part II
- Contract Termination
- Handling Tenant and Owner Funds
- 11 Questions for Determining if You Need a Property Management Firm
- What to Look for In a Property Management Contract
- Benefits of Using A Property Management Company