Wilmington, DE 19808
Although we are legally “Property Managers”, we at Rath Management are truly People Managers first, and then we are Property Managers.
We manage relationships. It as our job to manage the relationship between you, the property owner, and the tenant, the source of your cash flow.
Without the tenant, your investment property is a very poor investment, at best.
Rath Management locates, screens, counsels, and communicates with your tenants in a way that will maximize your return on investment.
Our system for screening tenants is seasoned with over 15 years of experience.
Over the past 15 years, we have worked with hundreds of tenants and owners to achieve optimal results for all involved. We work hard and learn from every transaction so we can be better for the next one.
We are professionals in our field. We give each client and each property the individual attention and care that makes us unique in this business.
An Over-View of Our Services:
1. Rath Management will get your property rented.
We use a broad range of advertising media including;
- Several locations on the Internet
- Rental property listings
- A reliable network of relocation and Real Estate companies
- For Rent signs
2. Rath Management will visit your property on a regular basis, and mail you a written report and photos of our findings. Annually, Rath Management hires an ASHI certified Home Inspector to inspect your property and provide a written report. Using the report, we practice preventive maintenance. We help avoid costly repairs. We regularly recommend and can perform preventive maintenance tasks to remedy small problems before they become large ones.
3. Rath Management will stay informed about the property management business. We constantly monitor current market conditions. We rent your property at its highest possible value. We keep abreast of current affairs through memberships in the following associations:
- National Association of Residential Property Managers
- National Association of Realtors
- Delaware Association of Realtors
- New Castle County Board of Realtors
4. Rath Management will thoroughly screen each applicant.
- We scrutinize all applicants from the very first phone call.
- We run credit and criminal background reports
- We check with prior landlords
- We verify employment
Our eviction to rent-up ratio is very low because we rigorously qualify tenants BEFORE we rent to them.
At Rath Management we counsel our tenants at the time of lease signing.. We advise them that we are firm but fair. We will not tolerate any violations of the lease. We immediately begin the eviction process when there is a violation. We may not pursue the eviction, but we do not go lightly on violators and they are educated about that at the very beginning. We also advise applicants that we report to a national database of landlords and tenants, so any violation will be reported.
5. We utilize a customized and very comprehensive rental agreement. Our lease agreement is a product of many years of management experience. It provides our owners with a high degree of protection against a wide variety of possible problems.
6. We document with many, many digital photos, the condition of your home prior to a tenant moving in, and the condition after the tenant has moved out. We have found “a picture says a thousand words”, and many tenant disputes are resolved when there are good before and after photos.
We also advise the tenant on basic home maintenance. By doing so we are communicating three powerful points.
- The first point is the tenant cannot say he/she did not know.
- The second point is the tenant is more likely to take better care of your home.
- The third point is the tenant knows that we mean business and will pursue them for neglect.
7. Following agreed upon parameters, we maintain the property. We always use qualified, yet reasonably priced personnel to get maintenance jobs done right. Also, our customized management system allows for use of your trusted professionals. At the time you begin your relationship with Rath Management, we obtain the names of contractors that you would prefer we use. If you have no preference we always have a professional to do the job correctly.
In short, we at Rath Management oversee and run your investment property as if it were our own.