Superior Property ManagementPosted by Jordan Muela in Common Names of Property Management Companies
Superior - Multiple companies in the property management industry have utilized this moniker in their company title and branding. The name implies the company provides a level of service that sets them apart from the competition.
Property managers offer different kinds of services and services levels depending on a number of factors. Before you decide who to work with you need to make sure that you talk to several management firms and get all the facts laid out on the table with each company you talk to.
Get answers to questions like:
- What kinds of properties do they specialize in?
- They may manage several types of properties but you want to make sure they specialize in the specific kind of property you own.
- How long have they been practicing property management?
- While its true that there are good new firms and bad ones that have been around for awhile, as a general rule of them you want to work with firms that have been around for at least 5 years?
- What fees do they charge?
- 4-12% is normal depending on the kind of property (lower for larger properties). Make sure you find our ALL of the fees, not just the management fee. This requires reviewing and knowing what to look for in the management contract.
These are just a few of the questions to ask...
If you have more questions read our guide to hiring a property management company.
Search our directory of local property management companies to find property managers near you.
Are you a quality property manager?
- Property Management Fees - Part I
- Property Management Services - A Complete List
- Hiring a Property Management Company
- What Are The Benefits of Using a Property Management Company?
- Property Management Fees - Part II
- Contract Termination
- Handling Tenant and Owner Funds
- 11 Questions for Determining if You Need a Property Management Firm
- What to Look for In a Property Management Contract
- Property Maintenance and Repairs