Realty & Mortgage Co.
Realty & Mortgage Co. has been providing the finest in property management services to the Chicago Metropolitan area since 1906. Our longevity however, is not because we simply manage buildings; we have been successful because we are able to leverage history with an exceptional management program that is designed to meet the needs of our clients. That management program is based on collaboration and exploration vs the same tired ideas. All building owners and boards of directors are unique and we identify and understand these differences, adapting our management program to our clients not the other way around. If you are you are looking for property management
Property Management Services
Realty & Mortgage Co. currently manages 3,000 residential units in condominium/copperative buildings as well as 6,000 rental apartments. Located throughout the Chicago area, our properties are extremely diverse physically and geographically. High rise to walkup suburban to urban we have the expertise to help make you successful in you endeavors.
Asset / Property Management
Property management is the cornerstone of Realty & Mortgage Co. and remains our primary focus. Our services are broad and available for any type of real estate. Ask those other firms how many associations their managers are rsponsible for, we keep our managers under 10 so they can be responsive to you their clients.
In addition to physical operations, financial reporting and accountability is crucial to the successful operation of any property. Our accounting department incorporates a proven system of checks and balances ensuring consistent application of procedures.
- Analyze the property's essential details and formulate a long-range management plan.
- Inspect the general appearance and physical conditions of the property regularly, including mechanical systems, recreational facilities, and grounds.
- Develop job descriptions assigning specific duties and responsibilities and follow up with complete written employee evaluations.
- Review insurance coverage and make recommendations when changes are appropriate.
- Initiate capital reserve studies and make capital recommendations that will help provide a basis for effective decision making.
- Respond to routine calls, complaints, and inquiries. Coordinate day-to-day business and operations.
- Provide twenty-four hour emergency answering and maintenance service.
- Assist in preparing specifications for major repairs and improvements. Evaluate competitive bids for services and repairs.
- Monitor, log, and evaluate utility consumption.
- Offer advice and recommendations on energy conservation methods and technologies.
- Provide natural gas at discounted prices via our bulk gas purchasing program.
- Design and implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Make maintenance staff evaluations and staffing recommendations as necessary.
- Contribute direction in areas of elevator upgrades, landscaping, power plants, snow removal, refuse removal, exterminating, cable television systems, painting, decorating and window washing.
- Define and implement security measures. Plan and review security protection systems.
- Develop and maintain an Emergency Plan used in crisis situations, i.e., fire, flood, tornado, personal injury, etc.
- Oversee management of garage and parking operations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recycling program.
- Coordinate resident move-ins and move-outs.
- Account for receipts and disbursements.
- Process employee payroll and tax deposits. File payroll returns and reports.
- Collect delinquent receivables.
- Prepare or assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Provide combined monthly and YTD statements on a cash or accrual basis.
- Provide an online account status portal including electronic payments
The following reports will be provided on a monthly basis:
- Financial Summary
- Monthly and YTD Profit and Loss Analysis with budget comparison
- Resident Roll
- Security Deposit Transactions(if any)
- Aged Accounts Payable Ledger
- Check Register
- General Ledger
- Trial Balance
Additional reports can be provided upon request.
- In business under this name: 115 years
- Company size: 20 to 50 employees (full time)
- We manage the following property types:
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (over 100 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (over 100 units)
- We manage properties in: