Shift Property Management
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Our goal is to build relationships by consistently “WOWing” our clients by proactively managing their properties. Shift Property Management was formed to provide quality management, without all the extra fees and up-charges. Our purpose is to enhance our client’s investment, not nickel and dime every toilet that clogs. We live by Zig Ziglar’s philosophy “You will get all you want in life, if you will help enough other people get what they want,” and believe we can help you reach your goals.
Why Choose SHIFT?
- Tenant Guarantee. If a tenant we place abandons the property, breaks the lease, or does anything to cause eviction (non-payment, lease violations etc) in the first 6 months of occupancy, we'll place another tenant for FREE. No ifs ands or buts.
- Full Service Management. This means marketing that works, leases that cover all your bases, maintenance that makes sense, and accounting clarity that will keep you from ripping out any hair.
- Neither Number nor Guinea Pig. Most companies are either so large that you’re “just a number,” or just starting out, which makes you a guinea pig. Our team has years of experience in property management along with a relatively small portfolio so you get the best of both worlds.
- Unparalleled Maintenance Crew. Our affiliate company, The Shift Group, fix-and-flipped over 30 homes in 2012 alone. This means an outstanding, competitively priced team of contractors at our disposal to handle any maintenance issue that may arise. Good maintenance means quick turnovers, less vacancy, happy tenants, well kept property and more money in your pocket.
- Eviction Management. In the event your tenant stops paying, we have systems in place to send the correct legal notices, file with the court, obtain a judgement and follow through with an eviction if necessary.
- Most Advanced Technology Available. With owner and tenant portals, online e-pay, electronic maintenance requests and real-time property updates, we’ve thrown the communication lines wide open.
- Central Point of Contact. Our structure assigns one portfolio manager to your account who will be informed of all the happenings with your portfolio. No more telling your story to 3 or 4 different people before finding resolution.
- Quick Collect Direct Deposit. We get your money in your pocket ASAP with our Quick Collect Direct Deposit and an early disbursement date each month.
- Accounting. We handle your detailed monthly statements, security deposit escrow funds, keep track of the bookkeeping headache, and make sure you’re in compliance with local and state regulations. You’ll also get an end-of-year report to make tax time easy.
- Cancel Anytime. No penalties, no fees, no complicated cancellation procedure. We figure if you don't like us, we're probably miserable too!
Standard Service Costs Are:
- Lease Placement Fee (finding a new tenant): 65% of one month's rent.
- Monthly Management Charge: 9% of gross rent collected.
- Lease Renewal Fee (contract renewal for existing resident): 35% of one month's rent.
- General Maintenance Rate: $30/hr
- Complimentary inspections & code compliance coordination with city.
- No extra fees or up-charges for mileage, parts, or contracted labor.
What Our Clients Have Said:
"FANTASTIC! I moved to Shift after a really negative experience with another prop mgt co that spent my money and totally disregarded my wishes. I started to think that most of the co's are probably the same. and they are! But Shift is truly different!! They get it. From the first conversation with Sam he answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. And it's stayed that way. He keeps me updated on the details, answers all of my questions, emails me back quickly. I feel like I am in control and that the properties are being managed very well and cost effectively. Shift strikes the perfect balance of maintaining properties well and generating as much income as possible for its clients. I sleep well at night and I know Sam is taking care of my investments, probably better than I would on my own! This correct approach is what will keep me a client for a long while to come. If you're dissatisfied with your present prop mg co, I highly recommend Shift as the sane alternative." -Penny
"Sam did a awesome job in getting our rental house rented in a VERY short amount of time. He also helped out in getting the house up to par! Their maintenance staff are outstanding and are VERY reasonably priced!" -Joel
- Company size: 1 to 5 employees (full time)
- We manage the following property types:
- Single Home or Condo (valued under $250k)
- Single Home or Condo ($250 to $500k)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- We manage properties in: