Opening Doors for Families, Seniors, Employees, Investors
Shelter Corporation is a real estate development company headquartered in the Twin Cities and founded by Lynn Carlson Schell in 1993.
Shelter Corporation brings innovative ideas, exceptional value, and strong partnerships to each of its constituencies — opening the door to new opportunities that would not otherwise be possible.
- For families, seniors, and individuals, Shelter provides clean, attractive, well-managed, well-located apartments and senior communities — opening the door to gracious, dignified living.
- For investors and community partners, Shelter opens the door to partnership and profit, delivering sensitive community development and strong bottom line results.
We invite you to visit one of our locations in Minnesota, Texas, or Louisiana, or visit one of our senior living communities at The Waters Senior Living.
A Growing Portfolio
Successful real estate development requires expertise, dedication, and discipline. Shelter Corporation delivers the results you seek. We have developed and acquired a diverse portfolio of successful apartment communities and townhomes in Minnesota, Texas and Florida. Our affiliate, The Waters Senior Living, has developed senior living communities throughout Minnesota, with new communities under development in Minneapolis and Edina.
Delivering Value to Owners
Shelter Corporation provides multi-family property management for affordable and market-rate housing. For over 20 years, we have delivered value to property owners through a tailored approach to assets. We manage on behalf of a wide variety of owners — non-profit, government, and private individuals. We, too, are owners. Our success results from a unique ability to customize operations to every owner's specific needs, while still benefiting from the economies of scale created by our business model.
Boutique Property Management with Scale
- Best-in-class on-site experts empowered to deliver results.
- A rigorous operational framework that creates accountability.
- Compliance expertise that meets the diverse needs of affordable housing owners.
- Stewardship of assets through a long-term capital planning process.
- Proven green experience in implementing sustainable initiatives in operations.