Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices (BHHSMI) is a highly progressive commercial property management firm servicing multifamily and single family portfolios throughout Michigan. The company utilizes a state of the art software application, which drives BHHSMI's unmatched property oversight capability. This approach, coupled with the company's top notch sales approach to leasing and its in-depth and robust investor reporting packages allows BHHSMI to fully understand and focus on the fundamentals of property operations thereby maximizing the operations efficiency leading us to great bottom line results.
BHHSMI maintains offices in over 30 locations in Michigan and Northern Indiana including Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Novi, Saginaw Lansing, Northern Michigan, Elkhart, Gosien and Detroit Metro.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices's Operational Service Platform
- Property Marketing Strategy Development & Implementation
- Marketing & Leasing Units
- Tenant Services
- Property Maintenance
- Investor Reporting
The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Advantage
Top Notch Sales & Leasing Teams - BHHSMI not only provides top notch accredited training for all of our sales and leasing agents, we hire experienced sales staff to provide the best customer service and a "can do" attitude.
Extreme Operational Oversight - BHHSMI offers the state-of-the-art property management software, which provides on-site managers a daily checklist of "to-dos" for each day throughout the year based on the specifics of the property as well as provides a portal for the owner to monitor every action, every day. Nothing falls through the cracks.
In-depth & Robust Reporting - In addition to the standard financial statements provided by other companies BHHSMI takes reporting a step further by doing the analysis for you. We provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, real time dashboards which track the important metrics and fundamentals of the property so at a quick glance, owners can immediately understand the health and profitability of their asset.
Additional Services/Areas of Expertise
Pre-Development Design & Programming
With the depth of expertise of senior management, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices also provides a variety of pre-development services to owners looking to build new or re-position existing assets. Such services include:
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Asset Management
- Planning & Entitlements
- Marketing & Lease Up
- Site Team Development & Training
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
In all Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices processes, web-enabled technology is used to efficiently control information and progress of properties.
- Leasing: Advertising, marketing, showing, coordinating inquiries, screening tenants (income, credit, criminal, drug, eviction, previous landlord and sex-offence-list verifications), negotiating lease terms, and pre-move-in inspections.
- Maintenance: All issues are immediately handled and inexpensively resolved through maintenance personnel or trusted third-party providers
- Tenant Management: BHHSMI knows the laws that govern property management and will handle all evictions or other tenant issues quickly and professionally.
- Property monitor: BHHSMI has an experienced staff that takes a "hands on" approach to management and will ensure properties are in good condition on a constant basis; providing physical inspections regularly.
ASSET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Supervision: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices provides constant supervision of the property managers and their activities to ensure high performance and compliance.
- Analysis: We pay close attention to the profit and loss (operating) performance to creatively alter inefficient practices or uses of personnel, capital and/or material resources.
- Management: We are experts in the assembly of onsite management teams, in the identification of inexpensive but quality third-party vendors and contractors, and in the formation of policy and procedure particular to any residential property.
- Tenant Service: We are dedicated to customer satisfaction and efficient process. We stay connected through our state of the art tenant portals and more importantly our responsive team members.
- Research: Provide up-to-date economic research of the local and national market trends. Strategically assess the short and long-term yield potential of each property.
- Communication: Stay in constant contact with owner or representative and provide monthly reports and photographs of real estate.
- Accounting: Full accounting services to provide financial analysis and accurate tax reporting. Balance, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow, Rent Rolls, and other financial reports provided monthly to clients.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices works with all of its clients and each of their properties to determine the most favorable and performance-based compensation structure for all parties involved.
- In business under this name: 5 years
- Company size: 6 to 10 employees (full time)
- We manage the following property types:
- Single Home or Condo (valued under $250k)
- Single Home or Condo ($250 to $500k)
- Single Home or Condo ($500k to $1 Mil.)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Mil.)
- Condominium Association (over 100 units)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (over 100 units)
- Office (under 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 125,000 sqft)
- Office (over 125,000 sqft)
- Retail (under 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 125,000 sqft)
- Retail (over 125,000 sqft)
- Warehouse or Distribution (under 125,000 sqft)
- Warehouse or Distribution (over 125,000 sqft)
- Vacation (2-4 units)
- Vacation (5-19 units)
- Vacation (Over 20 units)
- We manage properties in: